WxGuiTesting is a small static library which facilitates testing of wxWidgets applications and classes.
WxGuiTesting at present works only with (and requires) CppUnit unit-testing framework.
- A framework for unit testing individual wxWidgets GUI classes
- A framework for regression testing whole applications
- A framework for easily capturing wxWidgets user interaction events as a source file with which to build regression tests.
- Limited capability to test and capture events for wxVTK, a wxWidgets wrapper for the VTK 3D graphics library.
WxGuiTesting was originally developed by Reinhold Füreder at the University of Exeter in the UK as part of developing an application for Simpleware, Ltd.. His swWxGuiTesting webpage has more details along with an excerpt from his thesis explaining in detail how he arrived at the final design.
Reinhold's introduction pages to the Doxygen documentation:
- wxWidgets Required
- CppUnit Required Unit testing framework
- VTK Optional 3D Manipulation library
- wxVTK Optional An old version is included, but you may wish to get a newer one if you're using VTK.
- wxCRP Optional A program for generating source files from templates. Microsoft Windows® only. Templates are provided in the wxCRP directory.
- Doxygen Optional but you'll want it if you need to regenerate the HTML documentation or to make docs in some other format.
- The project originally required CMake (and you'll need it to build VTK if you're using it), but it has since been converted to use bakefile just like wxWidgets.
WxGuiTesting Sourceforge ProjectPage
How to Build and Install WxGuiTesting
WxGuiTesting is licensed under the wxWindows Library License
, a liberalized version of the GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 2. Text files containing the licenses may be found in the Documentation directory.